Lai Yi Ohlsen
- Artist, “technologist”, researcher, adjunct lecturer. New York, NY.
- Internet infrastructure, measurement, data, gaps in data, heliographs, mirrors, network topologies, geopolitics, information structures, relationality, poetics of code, choreographic systems, video essays, storage containers, improvisation, diagrams, basketball, the Phoenix Suns, the New York Knicks, etc.
- ‣ Acting Director & Data Scientist at Measurement Lab studying the evolution of Internet Performance. Measurement Lab’s mission is to measure the Internet, save the data and make it universally accessible and useful. We publish our data for use by those who improve the Internet including academic researchers, policymakers and network operators. Measurement Lab is a fiscally sponsored project of Code for Science & Society.
- ‣ Analytics for a Better World Fellow building Data Science skills for use in the non-profit sector.
- ‣ Part-time Lecturer for the New School's Parsons Design & Technology Program teaching Critical Computation to Fall 2022 BFA and MFA cohorts.
- ‣Year 8 New Inc Member and part of the Art + Code track, in collaboration with Rhizome.
- ‣ Dancer and collaborator in Benjamin Akio Kimitch’s Tiger Hands, a “cosmic, sunrise-colored search for authentic personal expression, using elements of Peking opera as a transformative source of beauty and strength.” The show premiered in August 2022 at the Shed. A review was published in Brooklyn Rail.
- ‣ 2019 Movement Research Artist-in-Residence, a 2019 Chez Bushwick Artist-in-Residence, a 2020 Pioneer Works Technology Resident and 2017 Triple Canopy Publication Intensive selected participant.
- ‣ Panelist and presenter on behalf of Measurement Lab at Next Century Cities' Bipartisan Tech Conference, TPRC, RIPE, RightsCon, CSV Conf and more.
- ‣ Author of "Measuring the Internet as a Gesture of Tending (Towards)" in the Are.Na Annual 202, themed "tend".
- ‣ Visual, print and choregraphic work has been presented at the New York Tech Zine Fair, Movement Research’s Fall Festival, New York Art Book Fair, and the Internet Archive’s Decentralized Web Summit.
- ‣ Technical Program Manager at equalit.ie working on Deflect, a DDOS mitigation tool for human rights and media organizations and CENO a censorship circumvention application using peer-to-peer web technologies.
100 Scores: movement inspired by computers,
Choreography of Circulation,
Time Sequence Choreographies for a Room,
Database as a Relational Practice,
- e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
pgp: D165 FE95 79C3 D384 ACA5 B290 6598 CD60 23A3 2E58
- Last Updated: 2022-10-30